KFX Serial Out to microcontroller

I have been unplugging the USB cable after closing base station and before starting the serial monitor.
I also tried the reboot function on the Config page with no obvious effect (KFX power light stays on)
Can the issue be hardware related, not software? Does the KFX have a Program/Run jumper?
What else can I try?
On each of the 3 screens of Base Station that I use - I am not able to select Run mode.

Note: I am not able to access Run Mode with two different Win 10 computers

It could be hardware related. To check, can you try sending the following bytes to the module using a console: 170 5 254 33 140 86 0 176

This should cancel any software configuration modes that are currently enabled.

Hi Jacob
Please see attached image - is this executed correctly?
After this I disconnected USB after 5 seconds reconnect and load Base station
Still locked in configuration mode -

Its odd that it sent the response 86.

All of that and its still not letting you change the baud rate and maintain it after a reboot?

Can you try the button presses directly into a console again at the configured baud rate?

With the port configured to 38.4K in Base station, I am only able to receive data when setting the port to 115K ( in Comm operator).
As per attached ( last line shows remote control buttons). I get nothing at 38.4k
It seems to maintain the baud rate to some degree, because when I reconnect to BaseS it will show the last saved Baud Rate ( eg 38.4k). But it only ever actually connects at 115K and I never see Run mode in BaseS.
Jacob, is there a master reset, or is it possible for you to connect to my computer to try something more aggressive?
Thanks

Well I’m not running into this with the same hardware so I’d have to recommend an RMA and we can take a look at it here: https://ncd.io/contact-us/product-returns/

So we got your RMA in and lo’ and behold it was stuck in configuration mode.

We’ve manually altered the board to have the baud rate stick, updated the board file, and I went in and made the changes you posted here in this thread to your module. With the max baud rate 38400 and the commands.

I tested it personally and its working at that baud rate.

We were able to connect and send the commands as required and pleased to see the latency is minimal ( button push/ release and action). :slightly_smiling_face:
It seems I need to manually change to Run mode after storing changes - and when Run mode is set on the RC button configuration page, the main menu page is still red, in configuration mode.

1. Do I need to be concerned about this?
  2. When we order more KFX’s for this purpose, how can we specify baud rate 38.4K?
    Thanks

Awesome, glad that’s working for you.

1. I think that’s just a Base Station display thing
  2. Yes you can put in the order notes to “Configure the KFX for 38.4k baud - see Jacob for detail (KFX Serial Out to microcontroller)”

Production should catch that and act accordingly, but putting my name on there will give them a point of contact if they have an issue. Putting the link in reminds me of the issue in case I forget haha.