Help: Product Selection: WiFi-DC switching relay deployed in field conditions

I need help with selecting a product that satisfies the following requirements:

1. 4 channel DC switching relay
  2. WiFi 2.4GHz - I’d like to know the max range in open field conditions (requirement is 1000ft)
  3. I am implementing this product in field conditions, expect temperatures to max at 40degC, RH 90%, i.e. tropical conditions. Product will be enclosed in a IP rated box
  4. I will power the board via a 12V lead acid battery, does the unit require a DC/DC regulator to regulate the incoming power?
  5. The loads on the relay will be 12V solenoid (3 units) and a 12V neon sign transformer (1 unit) - I’ll include induction suppression capacitor to counter magnetic field effects.
  6. Communication will be from my laptop via a WiFi router.
  7. Does the base station software allow for implementation of a button box for controls? I envision connecting up a button box to my laptop (via usb cable) to on/off the solenoids and neon transformer. Does the software allow for inputs from devices other than mouse or keyboard?
    I’m new to your store and need help selecting the correct product.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

1. This relay controller can be purchased with a WiFi Interface module:
    https://store.ncd.io/product/relay-controller-4-channel-general-purpose-spdt-8-channel-adc-proxr-lite/

2. This is a standard WiFi device which has a typical range of approximately 300 meters. To get 1000 ft of range you will need to install WiFi boosters such as the ones offered by Ubiquity. No WiFi device in the world can support a 1000ft range without upgrading the WiFi Access Point/Router connection.

3. These devices are rated for -40 to +85C. They are not enclosed so you will need to source an electronics enclosure from a supplier such as www.polycase.com

4. The board has an operational voltage range of approximately 9.5 - 14.5VDC. As long as the voltage is in this range then a converter is not required.

5. Induction suppression capacitors are optional when purchasing the relay controller.

6. Yes, that is possible.

7. We do not offer a physical button interface for controlling the relays. Most users develop their own custom control application to turn the relays on and off. NCD is a hardware developer, we offer Base Station as a utility for testing/learning how to use the relay controller, however like I said most users develop their own software applications.

Thank you,
Travis Elliott