FR230 and FXR165 Communication

We ordered relay boards to use in our new test systems and I am trying to set them up. I am having a couple of issues and could use some help. We purchased a FXR165_Plugable unit, SPDT 16 channel relay, without the expansion or communication board and a FR230 Fusion 2 channel relay controller. I have power applied at 12V, 2A to both units, They are connected from the FXR Expansion Port on the 2 Channel to the FXR Input on the 16 channel, and I have downloaded NCD Base Station. When I choose the relay option, I can turn off and on the relays from the 2 channel board but not the 16 channel board. Any ideas? Also, is there a way to open and close the relays with say a Digital input instead of serial commands for the 2 channel relay board? Thank you

Hi,

Can you please provide photos of the hardware setup. I am not sure I understand.

Thank you,
Travis

One board is on the bottom of the plate and the other is on the top. The 2 Channel Relay Board is the Controller and is connected to the 16 channel Relay board thru the ribbon cable. I got the relays setup to turn off and on serially thru NCD Base station. Now I just need to know if I can actuate the relays on the 2 channel board thru sending a digital voltage signal somehow to the board. Thank you.

Hi,

Yes, you can do that. You will need this board which will connect to the 2 channel relay board and will provide 8 A/D inputs which external contact closure or 0-5VDC signals can be connected:

This guide covers controlling relays based on input readings:

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Travis