Device Identification Failed

Using NCD base station to set-up a MIRCC2 board. NEw board right out of the box. My device populates the Discovered Network Devices tab, when I highlight the device, and click OK, the next dialog says “Device Identification Failed”. When I clock the Device Identification tab, a get Communications Error saying “Device did not respond as expected”.

What is up?

Dave

Hi,

There are many products that utilize the MirCC2 circuit board. Can you tell me what product you ordered?

Thank you,
Travis Elliott

Hello Travis,

NCD MIRCC2 2 Channel Push notification with ethernet interface.

Best Regards,
Dave

Can you tell me which Ethernet module you have installed in the board?

Hello Travis,

The ethernet moduleis: HanRun, HRW5500RE, 1908

Dave

Hello Travis,
Apparently I need NCD ConfigTool (V1.0.0.4)

Dave

Hello Travis, So I got the NCD 5500 Configuration tool and was successfull in changing the IP address of one of my MIRCC2 with ethernet push notification devices, but the second time I am trying to use it on a new device I am not able to set the IP address. I can not find any documentation on this software yet so that would probably help me.

Dave

Hello Travis,

I just tried changing IP address of my third device, and that worked no problem. I may have a bad device here. How do I reset the device? Press the button next to the ethernet RF45 port?

Dave

Sorry for the delayed response Dave.

One thing you might try is just changing the device name, save settings, then reset, and see if the Device name changes. Check the device name after a power cycle to see if that new device name stuck or not.