Covert SPI master to a Slave device

Hi, I bought the Industrial Current Monitor 6-Channel 10-100 Max Amps Wired Split Core Dual Interface but I want to use the SPI port to comunicate it whith a RPi. Its possible?

Hi,

While it may technically be possible, we don’t support it and you would need to be super handy with a soldering iron. This would void the warranty.

Those devices are designed to accept Serial commands only. We have a number of interface options so you can talk to them wirelessly, over the internet, or over USB, but all of those options convert any data sent to them into Serial communications which are forwarded to the on-board micro-processor.

It would be much easier just to use USB if that’s an option.

You might also be interested in our I2C interface current monitoring boards which would hook up to the Pi over it’s I2C interface. Here is the full line of I2C interface current monitoring boards:

If you prefer one with the IOT interface you can convert it to a standard I2C interface using this adapter:

Also we have a full line of I2C interface shields for RPi here:

These make it quick and convenient to chain I2C interface devices onto the Pi.

thanks for the replies, I normally use the configuration quoted for Travis, but this time I made the order wrong. Eventually I will order the correct boards compatible with the IoT Interface Adapter,but I really like to connect this boards in some way with the RPi.

While it may technically be possible, we don’t support it and you would need to be super handy with a soldering iron. This would void the warranty.

Where I can find the instructions for that? Sounds risky but maybe I can use the plates that I bought. Thanks in advance.

Hi Diego,

If you’re just looking to have communications I would highly recommend USB for ease of use.

Did you order the current monitor with an interface adapter (USB, Serial, Ethernet, WiFi)?

The soldering route would require soldering to the legs of a surface mount chip/pad so the odds of an error are pretty high.

Hi Jacob, I going to buy the USB Communications Module FT232RL ZUSB and connect it to the RPi via USB. Looks like a good option without put in any risk the board. Thanks a lot for the help!