After updating Node-Red unable to load Dashboard

Originally updated my v0.19.5 Dashboard because the chart I was using didn’t chart properly, display 00:00:00 as my X - axis. Saw recommendations to update dashboard, took me down a rabbit hole where I

Using [IoT Edge Computer](https://store.ncd.io/product/ncd-industrial-iot-edge-computer/)

Ran in console:
node_install.sh ncd-red-wireless
node_install.sh node-red-dashboard

Then:
opkg update
opkg upgrade onion-node-red

Now, after deploying my flow, i’m unable to load the UI site (dashboard).

When Dashboard Site launches, i’m greeted with:
|## Welcome to the Node-RED Dashboard|
|Please add some UI nodes to your flow and redeploy.|

I’ve tried disabling/re-enabling the layout components, no success there.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Might be good to mention the new version of Node-Red is 1.2.9

I’m seeing a post from a few days that had some activity in it similar to my issue: NCD IoT Edge Computer help

What’s the latest version of Node-Red can i load onto: IoT Edge Computer https://store.ncd.io/product/ncd-industrial-iot-edge-computer

Thanks

@TravisE_NCD_Technica can you look into this.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I have been out on vacation.

It sounds like the issue is you have a newer version of node-red-dashboard installed. I would recommend downgrading the version of node-red-dashboard to 2.30.0 as mentioned in the post you referenced.

Hi Travis, thanks for the reply (hope you enjoyed your vacation).

I mentioned in a reply to my OP that i lastest that was installed was 1.2.9 (didn’t make it to 2.30.0).

What’s the command to install a particular version?

1.2.9 is the version of Node-Red installed. I am referring to the version of node-red-dashboard which is a library used for displaying the Dashboard UI.

You can use NPM to uninstall node-red-dashboard and then you can install the specific version with the command:

node --max_old_space_size=64 $(which npm) install node-red-dashboard@2.30.0
1 Like

Thank you! Didn’t realize I was looking at wrong version #'s. Will try this your install command.