Additions to enterprise product line

Hi there,

I was hoping you could tell me if you’re planning on making any additions to your enterprise line of industrial sensor devices. Specifically, I’m curious if you’re going to add any actuation devices to the enterprise family?

Thanks a lot,
Cormac

Definitely, we have a TON of actuation devices on the way. We are building the framework for all of them simultaneously, so it will take a little longer. We expect the first half of 2019 will start to show the first devices creep onto our web site. They will be released under the upcoming category “Nodes”, which focus on full-time powered applications for real-time sensing and control. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks,
Ryan

1 Like

Hi Ryan - that’s exciting, thanks for sharing!

Will these new devices be compatible with the current enterprise devices i.e,. will the same Zigmo receiver work with the new “Nodes”?

Thanks again,
Cormac

Yes, they are unified in communications and will continue using the 900MHz wireless interface. Nodes will work a little different than sensors in that they are queried. You will send them a command and wait for a response. We have working prototypes for DAC, ADC, 4-20mA Input and Output, Relay Control, Multi-Channel Thermocouple, Multi-Channel current monitoring, pressure sensing and much more. When you query a device, the device responds back to the caller. So you will be able to have multiple wireless modems and gateways and communicate to each node freely. A USB interface will be standard on every node for testing, configuring, and learning the product. A I2C interface will also be standard on every node for expansion and experimentation. At the heart of every node is our high-speed USART to I2C Converter, so you can send low-level commands to the hardware if the standard drivers are not enough. Our prototype consists of 2 USARTs and 16 I2C Ports. We created our own development kit and use our I2C rapid prototyping for development of all features. Nodes will be released as small devices at first, but with 16 I2C Ports, we can build GIANT devices that are wireless using the same framework. I attached a photo of the development board I am working with to program the CPU and write the software.

Only 5 of the I2C Ports are in use currently, but all 16 ports are working.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply Ryan - that’s very exciting news. So far we’re really valuing working with your enterprise line of sensors, so we’re looking forward to getting out hands on some of these new Nodes!

Thanks again,
Cormac

Sounds great Cormac, please let us know if you need anything else.
Take Care!
Ryan