4-Channel I2C 0-10V ADC I2C Interface

Hi,
i would like to know if i can use this ADC with my BeagleBoard-X15 with I2C interface to read PT100 sensor.
The PT100 sensors output: 0-10V
The BeagleBoard-X15 inout is: 0-1.8V

I have at least 8 PT100 sensors to be connected with BeagleBoard-X15.
is this possible with your ADC I2C 0-10V ADC I2C Interface
Thank you

Hi,
Yes, you can use this board with BB. I will recommend following hardware

and I2C level shifter

Thanks

Hello,

can you suggest me a diagram with this card 8-Channel 0-10V Analog to Digital Converter with I2C Interface - store.ncd.io

Simply i connect 8 PT100 sensor in the input of the card then i connect the output ti BBX-15?
Please just ensure that the card will fit correctly with I2C interface of my BBX-15.
Is there a way to adjust the zero and gain of the temperature sensor in the card?

Thank you

The PT100 will need a power supply as well. The ADC board will read the 0-10V signal only.
You will need to use the level shifter . This is how it will connect
I2C ADC board >> Level Shifter >> BB I2C port

The Gain setting can be set in software.
Python lib can be found here

Thanks

OK so i will need:
-1 card= 8-Channel 0-10V Analog to Digital Converter with I2C Interface - store.ncd.io
-1 card= PCA9306 I2C Data and Power Level Shifter .3VDC to 5VDC Bus Handler I2C Mini…
and then a python lib for gain setting?
I have a doubt with the level shifter will it be for 0-1.8V? in your link it says 0.3 to 5V
Do you have any other hardware solution instead of using python lib for gain setting?
Thank you

The BB I2C works at 3.3V and 0-10V ADC board works at 5V. Level shifter will boost the 3.3V to 5V.

The gain setting is a software parameter. Once you set the gain in the code it will set in the hardware ADC.

The BB I2C works at 3.3V and 0-10V ADC board works at 5V. Level shifter will boost the 3.3V to 5V.

Are you sure, please check the link of BBX-15, it doesn’t accepts more than 1.8V with 12bits into I2c.
Ok for gain setting by software.

The level shifter will work in this case as well. In this case it will level shift from 1.8V to 5V.

Please can you check the diagram and tell me how many cards will i need.
thank you

You will one of each.
The 8 channel ADC board can read upto 8 sensors. It will send data over I2C. you will one level shifter to convert I2C signal from 1.8V to 5V.

Why convert 1.8V to 5V ?
BBX15 does not allow more than 1.8V or i i misunderstood something.

the i2c board works at 5V. so the level shifter will take 1.8V from the BB and convert it to 5V.
By doing this the BB will still work at 1.8V and ADC board will work at 5V.

The level shifter works as a bridge between BB and ADC board.

Thanks

Now i understand, thank you for your help.
What is return policy of you company? if in case it doesn’t fit for me

Are the PT-100 just the sensors or is the signal conditioning included? The reason I ask is that PT-100 sensors change their resistance as the temperature changes. The sensor alone does not have a voltage output. Can you show a pic of the PT100 device?

The PT100 are just sensors but their signal is going trhough a signal conditioner like DRF-RTD-series from omega.com
It can provide output from the PT100 to 4-20mA or 0-10Vdc.

Also you can provide me a better signal conditioner if you have.